The President of National TV Channel Changes the Members of Editorial Board before Elections
An Editorial Board on TV channel UT-1 were elected in the end of October in 2008. Following representatives of management and creative team of National TV Company of
- Ilashchuk Vasylii, at that moment acting President
- Koblia Myhailo, first vice-president
- Nedzelskyi Roman, first vice-president
- Chernuk Andrii, vice-president
- Zagorodniaya Oleksandra, head of creative association of musical and entertainment programs
- Zorka Oleksandra, head of Directorate of programs
- Rozynska Natalia, presenter of a TV program “Znaidemo Vyhid”
- Katsan Kateryna, the author of the project “Business-Chempionat”
For members who are the last ones in the least were elected by the creative team of National TV Company of
As it has been known for Telekrytyka from rather informed sources that the President of National TV channel Vasylii Ilashchuk signed a decree # 253 of 19 August 2009 and by which following members of Editorial Board were approved:
- Kurdynovych Oleksandr, the deputy head of State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting
- Ilashchuk Vasylii, the President of National TV Company
- Koblia Myhailo, first vice-president
- Kravchenko Dmytro, the director of financial and economic department of State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting
- Tkachenko Ruslan, main producer of National TV Company
- Tkachenko Taras, the adviser of the President of National TV Company
- Chernuk Andrii, vice-president of National TV Company
- Fedoriv Ihor, director of creative production “Novyny”
According to this list only the representatives of management and State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting were included into the Editorial Board. Four representatives who were elected by the creative team of National TV channel in 2008 are not present in this least.
“The members of Editorial Board were changed, because they were elected for 1 year term. As far as they were elected in the 2008 – it’s high time to change the team of Editorial Board”, - Vasylii Ilashchuk, who is the President of the TV channel, comments on the situation. He adds that he didn’t sign the decree # 253.
The presenter and the member of Editorial Board who was elected by creative team of the TV channel Natalia Rozynska confirms, that she have seen a signature of Mr. Ilashchuk under the text of this decree by her own eyes:
“There is no single word about the representatives of creative team, who were elected on the general meeting of workers… There were 1500 votes of workers who supported these representatives of creative team and among them me as well… I do hope that the President of national TV Company of
Moreover, Natalia Rozynska pays public attention on the role and the powers of Editorial Board in a time of election campaign: “Editorial Board can call investigation teams, which have to investigate facts of pressure on journalists and facts of censorship etc. It’s more then important during election”.
Journalists of Telekrytyka are trying to find out if there is legal ground for such acts of the President of National TV Company who states that members were elected just for one year term. Andrii Nechyporenko who is the attorney-at-law of the Law Firm “Natalia Subota and Partners” analyzes the law and summarizes:
“According to editorial instructions which can be found on the official web-site of National TV company of
There are 8 members of Editorial Board and half of them have to be elected by creative team of National TV Company of
- when 2 years term passed,
- if the creative team recalls him (paragraph 3.13 editorial instructions).
Therefore the members, which were elected on the general meeting of creative team of National TV Company on the 22 of October in 2008, are plenipotentiary ones in the Editorial Board, according to editorial instructions, which can be find in the official website of the National TV Company of
Neither the President of National TV Company, nor State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine has rights to terminate the powers of those members of Editorial Board who were elected by creative team of National TV channel. They also have no rights to assign the new members of Editorial Board instead of creative team.
And there is legal ground for that, according to the Law “On Television and Radio Broadcasting” and editorial instructions. The last document is still located on the official website of National TV channel.
It cannot be ruled out that recently new version of editorial instructions has been already ratified or it is well planed to do so. And innovations, which were mentioned by the President of National TV channel, are there.
But even if there is new version of editorial instructions which is valid right now in any case the management of National TV Company or of State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting has no rights to displace or to assign the members of Editorial Board instead of creative team”.
According to “Telekrytyka”.
Back to news list